27 Weeks

Author: The Presson's // Category:
Well...this week I had blood test done testing for Gestational Diabetes. I went in on Monday morning, after fasting for 12 hours. They took fasting blood, then had me drink a sugary fruit punch flavored liquid, wait an hour, then they took my blood again. The results came in on Tuesday, and my blood sugar was "slightly elevated"...therefore, I had to take a DIFFERENT blood test on Wednesday...this time I had to eat a "well-rounded" meal, and have blood drawn exactly 2 hours later. I got the results back today...and YAY! it came back just fine! =) Great news!!! They said to just watch my refined sugar intake to keep on the safe side. I'm so happy that I don't have gestational diabetes!

This past week the only new symptoms I've been experiencing are: swollen feet/ankles, occassional swollen hands, and a strange pain in my left hip when I walk...which I read is pretty common during this time during pregnancy. It's due to my hips expanding, preparing for child birth...lovely! Other than that, all is well...I will post some new baby belly pics within the next couple of days.

0 Responses to "27 Weeks"

Post a Comment

(C) Copyright by The Presson Family
Wordpress Theme by QualityWP | Conveted to Blogger Template by ThemeLib.com