First Mother's Day

Author: The Presson's // Category:
Well I survived my very first Mother's Day!  Saturday afternoon Paul, Christian & I drove out to Augusta, MO with my parents and visited Augusta Winery.  It was a really pretty day - but a little on the chilly side.  After the winery, we all went to Mongolian BBQ for dinner.  It's one of Paul's favorite places to eat...so he came up with the idea.  It was similar to a chinese buffet except they also have a raw meat & veggie bar that you pick and choose what you like, put it all in a bowl then give that to a guy who grills it all up and gives it back to you.  Like a "create your own" stir fry.  Super yummy! 


We didn't get home until almost 10pm Saturday night so Christian was wiped out! He slept in till 8:15am Sunday morning...I guess that was my Mother's Day present from him. LOL! Paul got me the Avatar DVD, new Josh Turner cd, and a lovely card. Christian got me a cute photo frame card, and a new Hamilton Beach programmable Crock Pot. Woo hoo! My mom also got me a card and flower for outside. My in-laws got me a sweet card that plays my favorite song "Lullaby" by Dixie Chicks. I tear up every time I hear that song!

Sunday we spent the day with Paul's mom's side of the family for Todd's graduation party.  He graduated from University of Central Missouri (which used to be CMSU - Central Missouri State University, where I graduated from in 2006).  Congratulations Todd!  We're very proud of you!  The party was at Kim & Tim's house in Jefferson City, MO - which is about a 2 hour drive from St. Louis.  Christian did really well on the trip...sleeping most of the way to and from.  Since he slept an extra 2 hours on the way home he did NOT want to go to sleep Sunday evening.  But I finally got him down around 11pm.  Waaay too late for Mommy!  Oh well.  It was a very nice day.  Christian was the star of the show...as usual.  =)
I am so thankful to be a mother. Christian is a true blessing from God. He is the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me! My world just wouldn't be the same without him in it. He brings me so much joy and pure happiness. I love him with all my heart and look forward to all the years to come. I can't wait to watch him learn and grow. 

I love you Christian!!!!


0 Responses to "First Mother's Day"

Post a Comment

(C) Copyright by The Presson Family
Wordpress Theme by QualityWP | Conveted to Blogger Template by ThemeLib.com